Unchained and Free

Some friends of mine and I decided to start bloging our testimonies because we have a desire to share how God works in our lives as well as yours. Our only hope is that our blogs will help bring encouragement to others and will be a catalyst for Christ to pour His unfailing love upon you and to bring hope and freedom to a dying world. It’s time to know Christ and be set Free from the chains that bind you. Are you ready? Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom and start at the begining, as references are made throughout to earlier blogs. Feel free to post prayer request in the comment section on the newest blog.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Let's clarify some things

I would like to clarify some comments I made earlier because through this my perspective has changed. I see things differently now and want to give a clear picture of how things really are. Remember that book I found, “Letting God Meet Your Emotional Needs”. Well at the time I didn’t really get out of it what I was suppose to. God doesn’t just want to be the center of all relationships, He wants to meet those emotional needs we have, only He can fulfill them. Like I said about the desire, it was made by God for God, just like our need to be fulfilled emotionally, it’s for God to fulfill. I was trying to find someone who could meet this need and expecting him to be able to the impossible.

Remember what I said about finding God in church, as though the bigger the church the better chance God was there. How funny is that, can you believe I thought that? That’s not at all how it works, God is everywhere no matter where the church is or how big or small, even if your church meets in a school gym :) but more than that, God is not just at church, He is EVERYWHERE.

Another thing, living for Christ doesn’t mean to “do the right thing” and to have good morals and values, again don’t get me wrong morals and values are important but living for Christ is more about having a personal relationship with Him. Jesus wants our hearts more than anything, like it’s His greatest treasure. Just like we have a desire for Him, He has a desire for us. He wants to dwell within our hearts and make it His home. Once we allow Him in and accept Him, He shows us what He wants for us. He guides our path.

No comments: