Unchained and Free

Some friends of mine and I decided to start bloging our testimonies because we have a desire to share how God works in our lives as well as yours. Our only hope is that our blogs will help bring encouragement to others and will be a catalyst for Christ to pour His unfailing love upon you and to bring hope and freedom to a dying world. It’s time to know Christ and be set Free from the chains that bind you. Are you ready? Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom and start at the begining, as references are made throughout to earlier blogs. Feel free to post prayer request in the comment section on the newest blog.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Story

I had packed my things and left our small two bedroom duplex only a week after having surgery removing the lump for a biopsy. A few pictures still hung on the wall and traces of memories sat on bookshelves and tables. I was 22 and getting divorced. I couldn’t believe it, this was not the dream I had. I was in a daze as I walked out the door, wondering what had happened. My life had seemed to fall apart right before me; I thought I was in control. I tried so hard to keep my grades up in school but Dr. Harlan was moving too fast and I was moving at a snails pace trying to fit the pieces of my life back together, so many pieces were missing.

October 25, 2002, I moved back in with mom and dad seeing as how working a part time job and going to school full time left me no choice. It was getting late and I was so tired, not physically but mentally…emotionally just drained. As I walked back into my old room I fell to the ground beside my bed in utter exhaustion and defeat. It was then that I started to pray and truly call out to God. I couldn’t stand the pain; my heart ached and needed to be healed. Before this I had never really called on God, for anything. I’d say the traditional prayer of thanks for things in my life but never called out to Him for His help. The burden on my back was too much and knew if anyone could help me it would have to be Him. This was too much for any of my friends or family to fix. To be honest, I don’t really remember my prayer; something about taking the load I was carrying and feeling so weak. Wasn’t really sure He heard me over the sobbing. I had cried so hard my eyes were dry; I didn’t know that was possible. Getting up off the floor and into bed for the night is still a blur but I slept hard and felt better in the morning. Things had been turned upside down but I had a peace about it and knew everything was going to be ok.

No comments: